Twitter

Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Two killed as Boko Haram attacks motorists on Maiduguri highway

The Police command in Borno has confirmed the death of two persons in a suspected Boko Haram attack along the Maiduguri-Damboa highway.

Damian Chukwu, the Borno Police Commissioner confirmed the attack on Tuesday.

He said a police man and a truck driver were the victims in the attack.




“You would recall that since the Maiduguri-Damboa highway was reopened, motorists ply the road strictly on military escort.

“Initially it was only the military that provides the escort, but later the police was invited to join,” Chukwu said.

He said that the convoy left Maiduguri with the military in the front while the police was at the rear.

“The convoy had about 200 vehicles among which included an 80-seater bus conveying a newly deployed Mobile Police Unit from Oghara in Delta heading for Askira Uba one of the newly liberated communities.

“The convoy also had a burial party of a late Special Investigation Bureau police woman who died last week,” Chukwu said.

He added, ”The convoy started moving around 10:30 pm and by 11:30 we got information that they were ambushed around Abari-Dalwa village about 30 kilometres from Maiduguri.

“Six of the Mobile Police Men in the bus were injured, but as I speak to you they are responding to treatment at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital”.

He added that a policeman in the vehicle conveying the burial party for the deceased policewoman died during the attack.

“A police Sgt. Bala Tiishe was killed in the vehicle. “A civilian, Mustapha Modu, driving a truck conveying drugs for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) was also killed,” Chukwu said.




Subscribe to Bishop Ikedi Blog
For Adverts Placement Or Free News Updates, Contact Us On WhatsApp: 0703280399, BBM Pin: D607D9B2, Email Ikedirichy@gmail.com To Publish Your Articles.

No comments:

Back to Top