Twitter

Friday, 30 June 2017

We can detain Evans for three months – Police react to lawsuit by the notorious kidnapper

The police have said that they have power to keep the arrested kidnap baron, Evans, in their custody.

A senior police source said that some people who felt that their interest was being threatened were the ones behind the move to get the court to release Evans, Daily Trust reports.




A lawyer had approached a Federal High Court to challenge the continued detention of Evans, stressing that it violated Evans’ fundamental human right.

Sources at the police high command said it was Evans’ gang members yet to be arrested that sought for and got the services of the lawyer to frustrate further investigation into the case.

It was however gathered that the Police expected such a move early enough and had equally secured an order of the Federal High Court to detain Evans for at least three months.

The order, a police source told newsmen, was secured last week Thursday, and it covers the retention of Evans and all his gang members so far arrested for three months.

The source said this was to enable the police conclude all investigations in Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa so that all those involved in the kidnapping ring run by Evans would be brought to book.




Subscribe to Bishop Ikedi Blog
For Adverts Placement Or Free News Updates, Contact Us On WhatsApp: 07032803990, BBM Pin: D607D9B2, Email Ikedirichy@gmail.com To Publish Your Articles.

No comments:

Back to Top