Twitter

Monday, 21 August 2017

Manny Pacquiao, Jeff Horn set for a world title rematch in Brisbane

Mayor of Brisbane, Graham Quirk has confirmed a rematch between Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao and Australian Jeff Horn.

The rematch will take place November this year in the city, Quirk said.

Quirk had earlier threatened to pull funding without confirmation from the Pacquiao camp but said he had been reassured at a meeting with promoters on Monday.




“I have had a meeting earlier today which has confirmed that Manny Pacquiao will definitely be in Brisbane this year for a rematch with Jeff Horn,” Quirk told local media.

The fight is expected to be held in November at the same Lang Park stadium where a packed crowd of 50,000 saw former schoolteacher Horn upset Pacquiao for the WBO welterweight belt in an unanimous 12-round decision last month.

Quirk said Brisbane Marketing, the city council’s major events subsidiary, would be re-engaged for negotiations with promoters Top Rank and Duco Events.

“It was a matter of Manny Pacquiao deciding whether he wanted to take up that clause in the contract to give a rematch in the event that he lost,” Quirk added.

Horn’s surprise win over 38-year-old Pacquiao caused controversy, with many observers outraged by the decision.

But a WBO scoring review later endorsed Horn as the rightful winner.




Subscribe to Bishop Ikedi Blog
For Adverts Placement Or Free News Updates, Contact Us On WhatsApp: 07032803990, BBM Pin: D607D9B2, Email Ikedirichy@gmail.com To Publish Your Articles.

No comments:

Back to Top