Twitter

Thursday, 2 November 2017

How power ministry spent $35m on unapproved project – Dino Melaye

Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has claimed that the ministry of Power head by Babatunde Fashola, spent $35 million on a project that was not approved by the National Assembly.

While speaking on the floor of the senate, Melaye said the project was meant to build generating plants that would add power to the national grid.




“Sometime last year, the ministry of power sector came up project they termed fast power. The project is supposed to be for the building of new generating plants to add power to our grid,” he said.

“There are few questions I need to ask. Up till date, there is no detail on this new generating plant. There is no appropriation by national assembly for this project. The ministry has spent so $35 million on the affirmed fast power project that has no appropriation or no detailed feasibility study. How and when was this money appropriated?

“Out of this money, $29 million was purportedly paid to general electric for turbine while $6 million was paid to others. This is a monumental fraud. We need senate to investigate this after moving a substantive motion. To continue the anti-corruption fight.”





Subscribe to Bishop Ikedi Blog
For Adverts Placement Or Free News Updates, Contact Us On WhatsApp: 07032803990, BBM Pin: D607D9B2, Email Ikedirichy@gmail.com To Publish Your Articles.

No comments:

Back to Top