Friday, 26 January 2018

Vanity Fair scrubbed James Franco from their cover after sexual misconduct allegations were made against him

James Franco was digitally removed from Vanity Fair’s Hollywood Issue cover after sexual misconduct allegations were made against him by a group of actresses, the magazine has revealed.

The much-anticipated Hollywood Portfolio edition whose cover was unveiled on Thursday shows 12 heavyweights from the entertainment world under the headline: ’12 Extraordinary Stars, One Momentous Year.’




But it was later learned late that the cover was supposed to include a 13th star – Franco.

The magazine confirmed that Franco was deleted from the cover after it was learned earlier this month that five women alleged he had behaved inappropriately or in a manner that was sexually exploitative.

‘We made a decision not to include James Franco on the Hollywood cover once we learned of the misconduct allegations against him,’ a Vanity Fair spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter.
Oprah Winfrey, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hanks, Michael B. Jordan, Zendaya, Jessica Chastain, Claire Foy, Michael Shannon, Harrison Ford, Gal Gadot, Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter and Robert De Niro (L-R) all appear on the new cover
Celebrities who pose for the cover of Vanity Fair are often photographed separately in small groups.

So erasing Franco's likeness digitally did not pose a problem nor did it require a re-shoot.

Some of the shots were taken as early as November, according to THR.

Five women accused Franco of sexual misconduct in a Los Angeles Times expose earlier this month.

Violet Paley had a consensual relationship with the actor, but claims that he once forced her into performing oral sex on her while they sat in his car.

The other four women were students at Studio 4, Franco's now-closed acting school, and claim the 39-year-old Oscar nominee asked women both on set and in class to perform topless or even completely nude.

One of those women, Sarah Tither-Kaplan, claims that she was shooting a nude orgy scene with Franco and several other actresses on one of the actor's film projects when he took off the protective piece of plastic covering their genitals while simulating oral sex.

During a January 9 appearance on Stephen Colbert's Late Show on CBS, Franco addressed the allegations in an uncomfortable segment.

When Colbert asked Franco about the allegations, the actor said that 'things that I heard were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice.'

Franco was then asked how to reconcile two differing versions of events.

'If there is restitution to be made I will make it,' Franco said.

'If I have done something wrong, I will fix it. I have to.'




Subscribe to Bishop Ikedi Blog
For Adverts Placement Or Free News Updates, Contact Us On WhatsApp: 07032803990, BBM Pin: D607D9B2, Email Ikedirichy@gmail.com To Publish Your Articles.

No comments:

Back to Top