Wednesday, 11 July 2018

Ekiti Election: Fayose’s security details withdrawn after he was attacked by Police


The security details to Ekiti Governor, Ayodele Fayose, have been withdrawn ahead of Saturday's governorship election in the state.

This was announced by his spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, on Twitter.

“Gov Fayose’s Security aides have just been withdrawn,” Olayinka simply tweeted.


Bishop Ikedi Blog had earlier reported that security operatives allegedly attacked and teargassed the governor in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, today.

Appearing a PDP rally after the attack, the governor alleged that he was beaten by police officers under the orders of the Federal Government.

Fayose told newsmen that police officer beat him up and hit his neck with the butt of a gun.



Earlier in the day, the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Operations, Habilal Joshak, has said the security details of important personalities in Ekiti will be withdrawn on Saturday to add to the credibility of the Ekiti governorship election holding on July 14.

The police boss added that no party will be allowed to hold any political rally not approved by the police until the election was held.

Addressing journalists in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday, Joshak said he will work with one Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Mr. H.H. Karma and three other Commissioners of Police; Ali Janga, J.B. Kokumo and G.B. Umar, who will man each of the senatorial districts in the state.

Joshak said they had contacted security details of Governor Fayose and the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Kayode Fayemi and other top government officials to report at 6am at the police headquarters in Ado Ekiti on Saturday.




Subscribe to Bishop Ikedi Blog
For Adverts Placement, News, Articles & more, Contact Us On WhatsApp: 07032803990, BBM Pin: D607D9B2, Email Ikedirichy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Back to Top